Have an account?

Monday, February 8, 2010

Big Update lots of new art :)

Hey Everyone! Time for my latest art update. I actually was going to do this update right after I got back from Chattacon, but got sidetracked with other things and before you know it a few weeks have gone by. I am the worst about stopping what I’m doing to write out updates when there is always so much going on, but am making a conscious decision to be a little better at it..

First of all I want to talk about the art show at Chattacon. The art show was held Jan.22nd-24th and was held at the Chattanooga Choo Choo… which they have converted into a very cute hotel. The con was a smaller one.. A quaint small art show and print shop, had a lot of fun and spent time with my great friend Kelly (Kelly Smith, Moon Glow Haven) and other friends from the Imagicon crew. J I had a standard 4x4 panel, of which I did get a few pics, however they are not TOO clear cause light was somehow shining behind the panel.. But I will post a picture of it for posterities sake… Wasn’t the highest selling con, but the upsides were meeting new people and marketing.

Here is a picture of my panel that was in the show… Sorry in advance for the extra shine:


At the art show I debuted a few new original paintings that I had been working on for a little while. I brought these back home with me and they are now posted in my Ebay Store and my website:


“Cloud Cover” 8" x 10" Acrylic Painting with Glitter Glaze Accents on Cradled Masonite
Click here to BIN or Best Offer through my Ebay Store.


"Dragonfly" 12"x16" Acrylic painting on Canvas Sheet Original painting is framed up to 15"x19, frame is hand embellished to match the painting.



Click Here to BIN or Best Offer through my Ebay Store.


And the newest addition to my 50/$50 series

“Cutie Beauty” #18/50
Acrylic mini painti
ng on 4x6 canvas sheet


Click here to purchase this mini painting!

Okay.. So those were the newest pieces from the art show. Before I went to the show I was experimenting with offering some of my work at penny auction. This is something that I have wanted to try for a long time. I want to be able to offer some of art at auction, so my art is more accessible for some. In the current economy, I feel at times like original art is put into the category of luxury rather then something that is accessible to all income levels/groups. This is why I have decided to add more penny auctions to the mix. I will still be doing my normal BIN’s/Best Offer paintings, but will be trying to offer 1 penny auction a week, they all will most likely be painted on canvas sheet around 8x10 or 9x12, since I have so much of it that I need to use up. I want my art to be available to anyone who is interested so I think that this will be the best way to do this.

My current Penny Auction still has a few days left on it.
It’s my Dark Valentine piece

“This Heart”
Acrylic Painting on 9x12 canvas Sheet
7 day auction No Reserve starts at One Penny!!!

Click Here to Go to the AUCTION

Well I think that covers everything for right now. I will be posting a new penny auction in the next few days. Also have #19 of the 50/$50 series almost completed so stay on the lookout for that as well. There is more to come soon, hope everyone will have a great Valentines Day!
~Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Powered by Blogger.